We live in such a high-tech society now that it is only natural we want our kids to learn technology, too! There has been a huge increase lately in high-tech toys for kids that teach STEM topics such as coding, circuits, engineering, and more! I am amazed at the incredible options available and each year new ones pop up on the market. This is a list of some of those awesome high-tech STEM toys.
Maybe this will be a great inspiration for the next birthday or Christmas present! We have a few of these, but mostly, my kids are making their list from this list, I can assure you! 🙂
So scroll through this list and see if there is something your kids will love!
34 High Tech Toys for Kids
- Puzzlets– a puzzle board that teaches programming and coding. It connects to tablets and includes 22 different puzzles.
2. Virtual Reality Glasses– Download Virtual Reality games to your phone and put on these glasses to play games in 3-D!
3. Roominate– Build structures and rooms that have working circuits to light up, spin and move the parts!
4. Goldieblox– Girl-focused STEM kits to build real-life working toys!
5. K’nex- Mighty Makers– building kits with many different themes and styles!
6. Zometool– Mathematical building kits to make 3-D shapes and structures.
7. Zoob– design and build working creations and challenges!
8. Lego Robotics– Lego and programming combined! Build a robot that you can program to complete different activities.
9. Makey Makey– An invention kit that makes every-day objects into a touchpad.
10. Snap Circuits- Create working electrical circuits that make sounds, movements, lights and more!
11. EEME programming kits- Build working circuits, robots and more with real bread boards.
13. Ozobot– Programmable robots that follow lines drawn! Comes with a great STEM curriculum.
14. Sphero– an app-enabled ball that rolls and completes all kinds of obstacles and challenges.
15. Arduino– a complete micro-controller kit for creating and programming!
16. Little Bits– Electronic building blocks to make all different kinds of working projects.
17. Thames & Kosmos Kits– build motorized vehicles and machines!
18. Tin Can Robot– make a working robot from a tin can!
19. Solar Rover Kit– Solor-powered rover toy to build
20. Code & Go Robot Mouse– Great for early learners. This is a programming game set.
21. Mud Watt– Build a fuel cell that is powered by mud!
22. Makeblock– beginning building set to make and program a robot.
23. Lego Duplo Simple Machines– for your littler kids, build simple machines out of Duple Lego blocks.
24. Piper Computer Kit– Build and program an entire computer. Then play games with it!
25. Ingenius Machines– Remote control building set that creates 4 different moveable machines.
26. Robot Turtles Board Game– This is a board game that teaches beginning coding skills. No actual technology involved with this one, though.
27. Rokit– a robot and programming kit that can make 11 different robots and teach coding skills.
28. 3-D Pen– Create 3-dimmensional projects with this pen!
29. 3-D Printer for Kids– this is an inexpensive starter 3-D printer for your kids.
30. Code-a-Pillar– Connect the caterpillar to make it move in different directions. This is great for young kids.
Microduino Cookie Magnetic Building Blocks– Stackable, magnetic building blocks that bring robots, music boxes, light-up LED microphones and other projects to life.
Kibo Robot Kit– robot kids for younger kids (ages 4-7) that lets them create, color and design it.
Osmo Coding Set– Coding kit where kids snap blocks together to create strings of code.
Jewel Bots– Programmable friendship bracelets that allow kids to send messages to friends nearby.
Check out even more Gift Guides for Elementary-aged kids. See the whole Comprehensive Buying Guides for Kids here.
Plus visit these great ones:
Mosswood Connections has an Educational Toys Gift Guide
Share It Science has a gift guide for Science Experiment Books
Artsy Momma’s Best Active Toys for Kids