This post may contain affiliate links.
One of my ALL Time favorite parts about homeschooling is being able to discuss our faith and learn about scripture together in our school. While this isn’t the main reason I started homeschooling, it has become a very important one to me. We always have a devotional with our school and regularly read faith-based books. It has made our homeschool journey so wonderful, in my opinion. It has opened the door to so many wonderful discussions. Another blogger that I know (Danika Cooley from Thinking Kids) has created this incredible Bible study curriculum called Bible Road Trip. Bible Road Trip was designed for Pre-k through 12th grade (Divided into 5 different levels) and will take you through the entire Bible in 3 years.
We started with year one and have been using the Lower Grammar Notebooking Journal with it (geared towards grades 1-3). There are 5 separate levels of study following the Classical Education philosophies (Preschool-Kindergarten, Lower Grammar ~ Grades 1-3, Upper Grammar ~ Grades 4-6, Dialectic ~ Grades 7-9, Rhetoric ~ Grades 10-12) for each year of the program. I love that she has designed it this way because the teacher’s manual works for all the different levels. So if you have kids of varying ages, you can ALL do this Bible study curriculum together as a family. You won’t need something different for the differing ages; you’ll just need a different level of note booking journal. Each level goes a little deeper into the studies to help kids think more and grow more.
The Year 1 curriculum of Bible Road Trip is 480 pages! It is huge and thorough. The curriculum covers all 5 levels and includes all kinds of activities including a scripture reading schedule, scripture memorization, book recommendations, crafts, research projects, prayer ideas and notebooking.
This Bible study curriculum does not address a specific theology. It rather keeps it general enough to be used my many different beliefs. I like that she did it this way because our faith is not the typical mainstream Christianity but we do follow the Bible. I usually have to explain things about our differences.
Right now (through the 19th) Bible Road Trip is hosting a gift and giveaway in partnership with NotebookingPages.com. Visitors will be able to receive the following free products:
- A free download of 3-D Notebooking Pages Templates and Mini-Books
- Access to NotebookingPages.com’s HUGE free member notebooking resource center
- Notebooking e-Tutorials and a free Product Sampler to help get started with notebooking pages at NotebookingPages.com
The giveaway is valued at $219.95. ONE winner will receive:
- A NotebookingPages.com Lifetime Treasury Membership Program valued at $99.95. The Lifetime Membership includes amazing notebooking products worth more than $800.
- All three Bible Road Trip Year One AND Year Two Notebooking Journals. That includes the Journals for Lower Grammar (grades 1-3), Upper Grammar (grades 4-6), and Dialectic (grades 7-9). That will take the winner through the entire Old Testament for all children grades 1-9! All together, the six journals are valued at $120 and contain over 1,800 pages of notebooking goodness.