This post may contain affiliate links.
Do you enjoy the fall season with changing colors and all the little treasures as much as we do? And, the fall season is a great time of the year to encourage children to learn! So many things around them are changing! Let them observe, explore and learn about nature through fun and easy fall crafts you can do at home or in the classroom!
Here are some of the supplies you will need for these fall projects:
- Light Cardstock
- Glue Stick
- Black pen
Today I have a guest post from Maggy at Red Ted Art. She is one of my all time favorite craft bloggers and recently had a new book come out. The book is so much fun and my kids and I love it. These Fun & Easy Fall Crafts all come from her site.
Check Out the Following Fun and Easy Fall Crafts
- Fall season is the perfect time to discuss with kids about all different types of trees and teach them how to match each leaf with tree name. Collect the leaves during walk and use them to make lovely leaf lanterns when you are back home.
- For book lovers, we prepared adorable turkey corner bookmarks. With provided template, kids will have an opportunity to combine craft with simple STEM concepts revolving around symmetry.
- Another way to use up all the leaves kids collected during walk as they learned about local trees – create easy leaf garland! This simple upcycled project involves practice with watercolors and they will work on their fine motor skills as they thread leaves into a garland for hanging.
- Incorporate writing practice as kids write down their gratitude notes on fall tree paper twirler. This inexpensive project is made from paper plates and colored paper and would be perfect to make around Thanksgiving or during advent as a kindness project at home or in a classroom.
- Who would have thought there were 6 different ways to preserve leaves?! As you explore all of them, kids will be encouraged to do their own STEAM investigation and exploration. You may also love this Leaf Matching Game made with real leaves.
- If you have toddlers or preschoolers, they will love our next suggestion! Print out and let them explore shapes and colors with turkey matching activity. You can laminate all the parts of this printable after cutting and use them year after year!
- To change things up a little bit and introduce different art techniques to children, try one of black glue art projects. This is also a perfect opportunity to talk about stained glass technique! These Stained Glass Leaves are a great one!
- Kids are bored learning facts about Thanksgiving? Not anymore! Print and assemble turkey cootie catchers to make them learn in a fun and engaging way! Win-win!
- We found another lovely art idea for fall to help with math! Triangle fall tree craft is not only a good way to work on fine motor skills with cutting and pasting but also great match to combine with learning about shapes.
- We love 4 season crafts! They look awesome when displayed together, wouldn’t you agree? It is also an easy way to raise awareness about the changing seasons. Four seasons exploration with bubble wrap and fingerprint animals is easy enough for even the youngest to make! Also check out this Four Seasons Tree!
If you loved these fall craft projects that support learning at home, you will love Maggy’s new book – Easy Paper Projects! This book shares so many wonderful and easy projects with some of the basic crafting supplies like paper, pen and glue, making crafting time inexpensive and fun! And kids can learn so much through crafting! You can turn crafting time into a daily family activity and enjoy making new memories with your kids. They will enjoy time spent together and happily spend time learning without even knowing!
Get your copy today