This post may contain affiliate links.
My kids love to help me in the kitchen and love to learn new cooking skills. We recently had the opportunity to try out a Raddish Kids box. Raddish Kids is a monthly cooking subscription box aimed at teaching kids to cook. (Do you get the play on words in their name? Rad Dish. . . )
My daughter has been begging to learn more cooking skills, so this was a really fun way for her to learn and practice some new things! (I received a Free Raddish Kids box in exchange for this post. All ideas are my own.)
UPDATE: While I did receive this box for review, I have since signed up for a year membership. We absolutely LOVE this subscription box. I have 2 kids using it now and each month they get to help make dinner for the family with the recipes they get from the box. Save money on your own subscription by using my referral code to receive $10 off a 6 or 12 month membership! Referral code: 7qs35n
I love teaching my kids cooking skills. Teaching them valuable life skills is important to me, but I also love the time we spend together and the memories we make in the process. I have so many great memories of cooking with my own mother as a kid. She taught me to be comfortable in the kitchen and also gave me such a great understanding of health and nutrition, too. The Raddish Kids boxes are a perfect way to make this process easier on parents by taking all of the hard work out of the process.
What Comes in a Raddish Kids Box?
Raddish Kids cooking subscription boxes are delivered monthly and include the following:
- 3 Recipe Guides illustrated for easy-use for kids. They provide parents with the necessary info to help create fun and delicious lessons in the kitchen!!
- A skill card that teaches kids a new technique.
- A creative activity with all the necessary materials, aimed at getting your family sitting, talking, and eating together. Our activity was a lemonade stand! The kids were really inspired and actually did it over the summer!
- A grocery shopping list, which is also emailed to you the week your box ships.
- A Table Talk card deck to help your family have great dinner-time conversations!
- A Raddish patch to be ironed-on to your Raddish apron (this comes in the first box). They send a new patch each month.
- Another added feature is their Bonus Bites, an online extension page giving additional activities, recipes, substitutions and more!
What My Kids Thought:
My daughter really got excited when the Raddish Kids box came in the mail! She wanted to jump right in, try on the apron and get chopping! She was so happy to be able to easily follow the recipe instructions and make something almost entirely on her own.
The monthly activity that was included in the box was to have a lemonade stand. My kids were SO eager to take charge of this one! They made cookies and made some strawberry lemonade. They had a blast at their lemonade stand and were so happy to be able to earn a little money, too.
Overall, I was very impressed with the Raddish Kids box. The materials were all extremely high quality and something that I could see us loving long-term! AS I mentioned earlier, we have signed up for a year-long subscription. After using it for a full year, we will most likely be renewing it for another year~ we love it THAT much!
Here is a more recent recipe my daughter made for the family. I was sick and she took charge and made dinner. Now who would complain about fresh homemade rosemary focaccia bread?!
Sign up for Raddish Kids
Want to try out a kids cooking subscription box for your family? Stop by their site. But be sure to use my unique code on checkout to receive $10 off a 6 or 12 month membership!
Referral code: 7qs35n
Check out some of my other posts about teaching kids to cook!