We LOVE books over here. You would probably be shocked at the amount of books in our house. But we read them… Another thing we really enjoy is watching a great movie. There are so many classic kid books that have been made into movies and today I have a big list of them for you. One thing we love to do is to read a book, and then watch the movie that it was made into. I like to make it a reward for the family when we finish a book. We have not read all of these, but now I really want to! There were some that I didn’t know were books first. It seems that most of the great classic movies came from some great classic books first. In our house we are usually book fans first. Which do you prefer, the books or the movies?
Here are a few ways to make books/movies into a lesson for your homeschool:
- Read the book and make it into a unit study.
- Learn the history surrounding the story.
- Learn about the author and/or producer.
- Use books/movies to learn vocabulary or spelling.
- Use favorite passages or quotes from the books for copywork.
- Write a book and movie comparison (or have a discussion for younger kids).
- Have a story themed family party.
100 Kid Books Made into Movies
This is part of the iHomeschool Network’s Homeschooling With Movies link-up. Check out some of the other great posts!