This post may contain affiliate links.
Sometimes kids need a little nudge to get talking and having a meaningful conversation. A fun way to do that is through some conversation starters. We made a set of Conversation Starters with the theme, Did You Know?
These cards are different than your typical conversation cards since they offer factual information for kids to learn about! Each card has a fun fact about different interesting things that you can talk about and discuss. They are mostly science-themed facts about animals, plants, the human body, and geology. But there are also cards about history and culture, too!
These conversation starters can be used at the dinner table with the family, or in a classroom to get kids talking!
Here Are a Few Examples of the Conversation Starters:
- Did you know that a blue whale’s heart is so big you can crawl through it?
- Did you know that the moon is lit up by reflecting the sun?
- Did you know that a year is actually 365 1/4 days long? That’s why we have a leap year every four years!
- Did you know that a starfish can regrow limbs that have been cut off?
- Did you know that vikings didn’t have horns on their helmet?
There are 60 different cards written just like this!
Here’s a fun thing about these. I enlisted my teenage son to help me write these out. He is basically a walking encyclopedia. His brain retains all kinds of cool facts like this. I love that about him! He had so much fun coming up with ideas and testing them out on his younger brother. He also helped me make the Animal Guessing Game!
Want to download these Conversation Starters? These are available as a free download!