This post may contain affiliate links.
If you have ever wondered how to make a book with one piece of paper, this is the post for you! Or, if you never knew you could make a simple book with one piece of paper, you MUST read on! This is something you definitely want to know.
I just have to share this with you because it is so easy. The possibilities of how you can use this fun little craft are endless. We like to make little story books with them. I have a family of writers in my house! They are always dreaming up new stories and ideas to write about. Plus my girls love drawing, so anything that combines the two makes them extra happy!
All you need is one sheet of paper and a pair of scissors and you can make a mini 6-page book for any purpose that you can dream up. Your kids will adore this simple craft.
Watch How to Make it Here:
How to Make a Book With 1 Piece of Paper
1. To make this book, you really will need just one standard 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. Begin by folding the paper in half the long way, like a hot dog.
2. The next step is to open the paper and fold it in half the short way, like a hamburger.
3. With the creases facing upward, take one edge of paper, flip the edge back to meet the fold, and crease.
4. Repeat with the other side. Crease the folds tightly. When you place the paper on the table, you should see a W when you look at the end.
5. Cut the center of the W along the center fold. You’ll be cutting through two layers of paper and stopping at the cross fold. This is the only cut you will need to make to make this book!
6. Fold it the hotdog (long) fold again and push the cut open section together. Press the folds tightly.
Now you have a little homemade book with 4 pages! Wasn’t that easy? We made it in several colors.
Let your kids dream up some wonderful stories to fill them up!
See More Ways To Learn and Play with Books:
Paper Bag Book Craft
Easy Homemade Book
Book Activities for Kids
Homemade Book Caddy