This post may contain affiliate links.
If you are searching for your homeschool language arts curriculum, this is a great place to help you in your search. Language arts curriculum is an important one. It’s a subject that everyone wants to get right. Here I have compiled a huge list of the different options.
I am working on compiling curriculum favorites for each of the various subject areas. If you missed the first post, it was all about science check it out HERE
. ( I have also since completed one on Math
). Today is a round-up of favorite homeschool language arts curriculum: spelling, reading, writing, phonics, and grammar.
There is so much available for homeschoolers that it can tend to be overwhelming. I hope seeing these will help you to narrow down your choices for your family (instead of overwhelm!)
I you need help making your choice, check out my e-book: The Quick Guide to Choosing a Homeschool Curriculum. You can find it in my shop!
Need even more homeschool support? Check out my new homeschool podcast: Called to Homeschool. Stop by & have a listen!
This list is by no means everything available. If I am missing you favorite, let me know & I can add it to the list!
Our Favorite Homeschool Language Arts Curriculum:
All About Spelling
– this one topped the list as a favorite everywhere I asked. We are using it, too & love it! It is simple to use & fun for kids.
They have a Language Arts & Reading program as well as a Spelling/Phonics program. Both look really great.
Bob Books– I have been using these books for years with my kids and really like them. They are great early readers!
– A program for learning to read that has software as well as a lot of hands-on teaching materials.
Explode the Code
– these are fun workbooks that teach phonics and reading in an engaging way. We have been using them for a few years now and my kids always enjoy the lessons.
– This is a program that teaches through games. I have heard great things about it from several of my friends.
I have been using this program all year and LOVE it. My daughter has really excelled with it.
– this is a fun website that teaches reading skills to early readers. We have enjoyed using it for several months now.
– this is a series of workbooks that teaches vocabulary.
Essentials in Writing
– DVD’s that teach writing skills for 1st-12th graders. Also includes worksheets to go along with the lessons. A lot of people mentioned that they like this program. Review from My Joy Filled Life
Homeschool Grammar Curriculum:
Rod & Staff
– Building Christian English seems to be another popular curriculum.
Homeschool Literature Curriculum:
Literature is an important party of any homeschool language arts curriculum. When you choose and all-inclusive program, you don’t need to worry about this quite as much. If you want to just read without a curriculum, check out some of my book lists: 50 Must Read Classics for Kids
or the Newbery Medal Books Reading List
are both great starting points!
– they have over 100 study guides for literature in all grades.
Reading List- another favorite site of min to look for great books
Complete Homeschool Language Arts Curriculum:
Memoria Press– My Review
This is a classical-based curriculum. We have used many of their things & LOVE them! I have been really impressed with this company.
– this curriculum was mentioned a lot as a favorite. You can buy a full language arts kit, or separate parts of it.
And now, I would love to hear what your favorite is! Did I leave it out? Tell me in the comments.
Check out the other posts in this series here:
Favorite Math Curriculum
Favorite Science Curriculum
Favorite History & Geography Curriculum
Favorite Art & Music Curriculum