This post may contain affiliate links.
Since we made it past Halloween it is time to share ideas from one of my favorite holidays, Thanksgiving! This is such a cool thanksgiving activity for kids: Food Scratch Off Cards! This will keep kids excited during the meal!
How to Make the Thanksgiving Dinner Scratch-Off Cards:
Because the entire sheet is laminated and the scratch-offs are so easy to recreate, these printables can be reused year after year!
- Printable cards
- Laminating sheets (Self-adhesive sheets or laminating pouches to be used with a machine)
- Black acrylic paint
- Dish soap
- A small paint brush
1. Print and laminate the scratch-offs.
2. Create your scratch-off paint by mixing a 2:1 ratio of acrylic paint and dish soap. It. For one printable, combine 2 tablespoons of paint and 1 tablespoon of dish soap.
3. Paint over each photo. It is ok to paint outside the edges, because after the paint dries, you can easily reshape the rectangle (see step 4).
4. Let the paint dry for an hour. Use something small and thin to scrape the paint around the edges to shape up the rectangles
The list of Thanksgiving foods that are on the card are:
- Apple Pie
- Brussel Sprouts
- Cherry Pie
- Cranberry Sauce
- Green Beans
- Mashed Potatoes
- Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Rhubarb Pie
- Sweet Potatoes
How to Download the Thanksgiving Dinner Scratch Off Cards:
This is available in my shop. Grab them here!
Want More Thanksgiving Activity Ideas for your Kids?