This post may contain affiliate links.
- We use it to say the alphabet & march along it as we sing or chant it.
- We also like to use it with bean bags- we’ll say a letter & try to toss the bean bags to that letter.
- We spell out the kids names and they hop from letter to letter.
- I have a pack of alphabet flash cards that my daughter uses to match the cards with the letters on the mat.
- She’s also learning to match the lower case letter cards with the upper case letters on the mat.
- My older son likes to do his spelling words on it.
If you want to make, one it’s really easy. I used a flat sheet. Then I cut the letters out of multicolored fabrics with pinking shears. To divide the rows, I used grograin ribbon. (4 rows of 7) Then I sewed the letters on with a zig-zag stitch. There were 2 extra squares that I filled with shapes.
See some more sewing ideas.