This post may contain affiliate links.
Each family’s home is SO different, so I am going to show you what we have done in our home. Maybe a few of my things will be able to help you out a little in your school room. I had to do some major cleaning and organization to prepare for these photos! 🙂
When I started homeschooling, we were living in my parent’s basement while my husband finished his master’s degree. We didn’t have much space, but we were able to make it work just fine.
Our Homeschool Classroom
Last year, we moved and have been blessed with a GIANT play/school room. I love this room so much because I have been able to make a space for all of our things.
I still keep all of the homeschool things separate from the regular toys. I have a shelf that is just for our educational/learning toys. The kids know that these don’t come out all the time and that they have to be taken care of and not mixed in with their toys.
A few things we use regularly in our homeschool classroom:
Stocking a homeschool classroom can get pricey. I know! There are a few things that will make your life easier, but really, you can make do with very little. Thank goodness for the library.
- Last year I got a great laser color printer. I LOVE it! As we all know…homeschoolers have to print a LOT of stuff.
- My laminator is so wonderful! I use it all the time! I have a Scotch Thermal laminator.
- I just got a binding machine (another great thrift store find!) I have been printing out some of my files & making workbooks. It’s been a fun project!
- File cabinets & file boxes
- Dry Erase boards
- A Globe
- Lots of bookshelves
- Lots of paper, paint, glue, scissors… I love stocking up this time of year when everything is on sale
- Recycled trash- save all those t.p. rolls, milk jugs, tin cans, water bottles, and egg cartons. We use these things all the time for art!
- The great outdoors!!