This post may contain affiliate links.
Hands-on learning is incredibly important for kids. There are a million reasons why! Today I am highlighting more than 60 elementary hands-on math teaching ideas that I have featured over the years on my site. This list will continues to grow, too! I love teaching math in creative ways!
Check out my post with The BEST Hands-on Math Supplies that we love. Then browse through my list below highlighting all of the fun ways you can teach math to elementary-aged kids.
If You want even more ideas, be sure to check out my new book Math Art & Drawing Games for Kids!
Hands-On Math: Fractions & Decimals
There are loads of fun ways to teach fractions here on my site. There are just so many cool ways to teach them. We are only just getting into decimals around here, so watch for more on that, too!
2. Pi Puzzle
10. Fraction Cookies
Hands-On Math: Shapes & Geometry
Geometry is a wonderful thing to start teaching at an early age. The younger kids understand these concepts, the easier upper level math will be for them.
12. 3-D Paper Shapes
21. Heart Shaped Math Puzzle from Hand Made Kids Art
24. Geometric Shapes Activity from Little Bins for Little Hands
Hands-On Math: Counting, Addition & Subtraction
This is where math begins. Let your kids know how much fun math really can be with these creative teaching ideas for addition, subtraction and counting.
31. Teaching Greater Than & Less Than from Only Passionate Curiosity
32. Leap Frog Math
33. Math Checkers
34. Knock Em Down Preschool Number Game from True Aim Education
40. Kinetic Sand Math from Left Brain Craft Brain
42. Dice Games for Early Math: from Danya Banya
43. Math Grid Game
44. Building Lego Numbers from Little Bins for Little hands
45. Human Board Game from True Aim Education
Hands On Math: Multiplication & Division
Just when math starts getting a little harder is when kids start to tune out. Keep it interesting with creative multiplication and division teaching ideas.
49. Math Wheels
56. Teach Multiplication the Easy Way from True Aim Education
Hands On Math: Money & Time
These essential math skills can seem dry for kids, but here are a couple of great ways to have fun teaching and learning them!
59. The Money Game
60. Chalkboard Clock
61. Play Store
62. Shadow Sun Dial
Hands-On Math: Weights & Measurements
Measure and weigh in unique ways! Check out these cool ideas.
67. Gallon Man
68. Measuring with Magna-Tiles from Go Science Girls
This is part of the iHN Hands-On Homeschooling link-up. Check out what the rest of the iHomeschool Network bloggers shared!